Freon, sweat and rich liberals

Larry Long llong at CCAD.UIOWA.EDU
Wed Jul 5 16:06:47 MDT 1995

>Larry writes:
>
>>You would then have the
>>eco-nuts running around predicting gloom and doom about di-hydrogen monoxide
>>poisoning the atmosphere and creating massive cloud cover causing global
>>cooling or hyperactive greenhouse effect.Same that they did with Freon.
>>I'm getting sick of the chicken littles.
>>                                        Larry Cunningham
>
> Last week I took a half day of leave to try to get new tires and the AC fixed
>on the family mustang.  The guy at the AC place said, "if you've never had the
>AC charged up, it'll probably be ok  with just evacuating and recharging it,
>about 50 bucks."  I told him to go ahead.  15 minutes later he comes back to
>tell me that my evaporator is busted and the compressor leaks and that he had
>to take all the freon out due to federal law.  NOW, I've spent fifty three
>dollars and have an AC that doesn't work at all!  In South Florida on a sunny
>afternoon, with the sweat dripping from every bodypart, I have plenty of
>reason to be dissgusted with rich liberals using bad science to tell me what
>to do.  I think my cousin, Bubba, has a vacuum pump and a supply of freon.
>Guess what I'm going to do?
> BTW  I got new tires after paying $324. (4$ were "disposal fees")
> Sam Teel

Hey Sam, I can top that.  Earlier this year I took my '85 Buick wagon to K-mart
to have the AC system recharged.  When I got the bill I went into orbit because
it was for about $150.  "Had to purge the system ... blah blah .. new EPA regs
etc., etc, blah, blah."  A few weeks later, my Buick quits with a bum fuel pump.
I told the guy to replace it.  I call up to see if the car is done, yes it is,
and the bill is over $300!  I say, "What the hell is going on?"  I had rust
scales in my gas tank which got into the electronic fuel pump which burnt it up.
They had to drain my gas tank and it cost $150 to get rid of a few gallons of
gas!  Had to call the County Fuel Disposal Unit or some horse shit organization.
Did the price include them coming to pick it up?  Hell no, the mechanic had to
bottle the stuff up and hand deliver it to the disposal place.

Incidentally, has anyone tried to throw away a refrigerator lately?  I think
that as of July 1, 1995, before you can shitcan a fridge, you have to have
someone come and suck out the freon for which they charge handsomely.

Can't win.

Regards,

L R Long
 "Frankly, I don't care what you do in public just as long as it doesn't
  scare the horses."   -- Mark Twain
   Larry Long
llong at ccad.uiowa.edu