Freon, sweat and rich liberals

Larry E. Cunningham LEC4%Hin%GsSgo at BANGATE.PGE.COM
Wed Jul 5 15:13:49 MDT 1995

        Sam,
  Just think, in another couple of years after the supply of r-12 runs
out,you'll have the pleasure of forking out $1200 to 1500 dollars to retro-fit
your Mustang to use the new "ozone friendly" r-134.Only if you want to use
your AC,though.
  I remember reading an article by the CEI institute that reported that if all
the chloroflourocarbons ever manufactured were released in to the air at
once,the effect would be like moving south 50 miles.
  Last June my central air system stopped making cold air right when it got to
117 f here.(Murphy's Law will get you every time)Well with my wifes urging I
went down to the local Chief's auto and convinced the clerk that the
prohibitions on Freon only applied to k-12 and not r-22.He sold me 4 pounds of
r-22 and I went home and put it in my A/C and even now enjoy cold air in my
home.
  I later found out that if I had a re-sellers license,one could go to
Price-Costco get a business card and purchase it after stating in writing that
it was for re-sale and not personal use.Yeah,like they are going to be the
Freon Police.

                                       Larry Cunningham
disclaimer:Larry is distributed,
           but not owned by PG&E

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:Sam Teel <sam.teel at SFWMD.GOV>
 Larry writes:

>You would then have the
>eco-nuts running around predicting gloom and doom about di-hydrogen monoxide
>poisoning the atmosphere and creating massive cloud cover causing global
>cooling or hyperactive greenhouse effect.Same that they did with Freon.
>I'm getting sick of the chicken littles.
>                                        Larry Cunningham

Last week I took a half day of leave to try to get new tires and the AC fixed
on the family mustang.  The guy at the AC place said, "if you've never had the
AC charged up, it'll probably be ok  with just evacuating and recharging it,
about 50 bucks."  I told him to go ahead.  15 minutes later he comes back to
tell me that my evaporator is busted and the compressor leaks and that he had
to take all the freon out due to federal law.  NOW, I've spent fifty three
dollars and have an AC that doesn't work at all!  In South Florida on a sunny
afternoon, with the sweat dripping from every bodypart, I have plenty of
reason to be dissgusted with rich liberals using bad science to tell me what
to do.  I think my cousin, Bubba, has a vacuum pump and a supply of freon.
Guess what I'm going to do?

BTW  I got new tires after paying $324. (4$ were "disposal fees")

Sam Teel