Freon, sweat and rich lib...

- Aptmaster@aol.com AptMaster at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 6 18:12:21 MDT 1995

someone wrote:
Incidentally, has anyone tried to throw away a refrigerator lately?  I think
that as of July 1, 1995, before you can shitcan a fridge, you have to have
someone come and suck out the freon for which they charge handsomely.
I just take a hammer and attack the poor defenseless fridge until I hear the
freon hissing out.  My friends and I then make jokes about environmentalists
as we wait for it to all leak out.  Then when I take it to the metal recycler
(I am PC :) they ask if the freon has been removed.  I tell them yes.  They
never ask how.

There's more than one way to skin a regulation.

-Darin (The EPA police will now come looking for me I'm sure!)