Abolishment of Commerce D...

- Aptmaster@aol.com AptMaster at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 6 18:12:33 MDT 1995

Well said Dennis!

-Darin
Unless I missed the original thread the bottom line is that this does
not justify the existance of the entire Commerce Dept. Republicans in
congress have not said they will carte blunche eliminate everything. Assuming
what you say is true then this function could be moved to some other
department
that is not targeted for elimination (perhaps State Dept.). I get concerned
when I hear people say, why eliminate this program or that because it is only
a few million dollars. Thats what it takes to add up to billions. Every
Federal program MUST be something the Federal government SHOULD be involved
in (international trade may be one) and that program had better generate
a return for the taxpayer's dollar. Otherwise eliminate it.