Political Commentary

Dennis Putnam GTILL at ASNTSU.ASN.NET
Sat Jul 8 14:43:42 MDT 1995

>BRAVO from me too. Several points I'd like to make:
>
>1. Unfortunately, for the most part, those candidates who focus on moral
>issues are dismissed by the media as fringe candidates.  Even some of my
>friends who are right-wing state representatives & senators and are very
>firm on the moral issues avoid discussing them in their campaigns,
>because they need more than just the right-wing vote to win elections.
>As a right-winger & political organizer, I know that if we got 100% of
>the pro-life & pro-gun people to vote, our candidates would always win
>just on our own voters, but it ain't so.
>
>2. The republican political establishment, even in conservative states
>like Missouri, pushes its moderates to the top and leaves conservatives
>to raise their own support and further their own careers.  Our two US
>Senators, Bond & Ashcroft, were the ones who initiated OBE/America 2000
>in Missouri.  And while they are both pro-life, Ashcroft didn't say a
>word about the issue in his campaign, though pro-lifers worked hard for
>him.  I publish a mass-circulation pro-life newspaper, and Ashcroft
>wouldn't even send me a relevant press release -- just stuff about the
>economy.  What a bunch of hot air.
>
>The morals of this story:
>
>1. We need conservatives in the media.  Every major TV news program, and
>most print media, are totally controlled by liberals.  They are
>brainwashing our country and giving Americans "libotomies."  While I
>appreciate the value and power of alternative media -- my newspaper is
>itself an alternative media -- we will always have an uphill battle until
>we recapture the mainstream media.
>
>2. We need conservatives in the Republican political structure.  As long
>as we are fighting as outsiders, people like Pat Buchanan and Alan Keyes
>will not have a chance.
>
>All of this will take work and money, and as someone who has had to
>solicit laborers and funds for various projects, I know these are both in
>short supply.  Any suggestions?

The current condition took a long time to create. The key is our educational
institutions which are firmly in the control of liberals. Journalism students
are being brainwashed by them and so the result is a complete lack of
conservative journalist graduates. The road to regaining control is a long
and arduous one and requires regaining control of the institutions in this
country. Then and only then can we expect our youth to understand the
difference between objective journalism and liberal bias. This is happening
in the K-12 grades now as parents become more involved in the education
process but even that is threatened by government bureaucrats via Goals
2000. I only hope the Republican majority is successful in eliminating
the Education Department. Unfortunately, even though some high schools
are gratuating young conservatives they are ruined once they enter the
college classroom. There are countless horror stories where students are
required to change their core beliefs or fail their courses. Its a long
road to hoe, we let the education system fall to the liberals and getting
it back will be tough.

P.S. This is my last post for a while, switching to digest mode. Thanks
     for all your well wishes. I'll try to get back soon.