Censorship Chip

Michael Satterwhite satterwh at NETCOM.COM
Tue Jul 11 18:21:59 MDT 1995

Aptmaster writes:

>Furthermore, Rush pointed out today that the DSS system already has all of
>these capabilities.  Has it ocurred to anyone that if the market wants this
>then the market will supply it.  We don't need another law to sit on the
>books until heck freezes just to give us a chip for our TVs!!!!!!!!

The capability has been there with C-Band / Ku-Band dishes for a long time.
As satellite systems progress ... and the market forces cable to catch up
... the capability can only expand. This is *WITHOUT* government mandate.

The Free Market works!

---Michael