Jury Selection

Laib, Steve A41 at MDBE.COM
Wed Jul 19 11:50:00 MDT 1995

Bruce Norbeck 's comments:
>I'm in favor of professional attorneys & judges who
>recognize that their job is not to win, but to see justice done. Pro-
>fessional juries will bring about the same problems that we see now, &
>perhaps even more of them.

remind me of some of the old Perry Mason episodes when in the middle of a
heated argument Hamilton Burger would say something to the effect that the
D.A.'s office was interested in the truth more than in a conviction.  This
approach has merit, but is practical only if both sides, as well as the
judge are interested in it as well.  It is seen less often today, and in
high profile cases, it may be totally absent.

Steve Laib
Atty. and Philosopher