Susan Smith verdict

Tim Bohr R tbohr1 at FORD.COM
Mon Jul 31 13:44:38 MDT 1995

Anyone care to discuss the Susan Smith verdict? I would like to have
seen her get the death sentence, preferably strapped in her Mazda sinking into
the same lake her kids did. I cannot believe how she can get life AND
eligible for parole in 30 years. Probably out in 20 w/ good behavior.
Laws must vary from state to state, but I would have at least hoped she'd
have gotten TWO CONSECUTIVE life terms w/ no chance for parole for  the
two children murdered. I have heard of that type of sentence before, just
not exactly where. Anyone know the technicalities in the sentencing procedure
for this case?

Tim Bohr