Dr. Foster Screws Up Again!

Robert Ostrea raostrea at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sat Jun 3 02:49:43 MDT 1995

Andrew writes:

>> Robert writes :-
>>
>> Abortion is ABSOLUTELY acceptable under these circumstances, Steve.
In
>> this case, the woman did NOT have the ability to make a choice
concerning
>> sex, rather it was FORCED on her.  No woman should be FORCED to keep
>> child that was created by violence and noncompliance....
>
>Ah, but this line of argument does not hold water.

How does it NOT hold water?  My position is that when the woman doesn't
have a choice to conceive a child, she should not be forced to keep
it...

>When a rape is reported they do a D&C procedure during the exam - I
know
>this because a friend of mine was raped.  (This was quite some time
ago,
>and she is now doing quite well.)
>
>A D&C prevents the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.  This
>is basicly the same procedure as a first trimester abortion.
>
>So, the key here is to encourage women to at least REPORT the rape,
even
>if she has no intention of prosecuting.

Again, what does this have to do with my original posting?  In your
case, the woman was raped, therefore, did NOT consent to sex!  What is
your point?

>--
>                           Andrew J. Templin
>         Recovering Sysadmin, Rescue Nerd, Confused Programmer (tm)
>                       nosilla at chaos.taylored.com

   Robert A. Ostrea, Jr.              Cal Poly University Alumni 1992
       Las Vegas, NV                  San Francisco State Alumni 1995
   RAOstrea at ix.netcom.com

   NL West Standings 6-1-95, 2:28am PST

   I'll start to post this when MY DODGERS are winning again!
   It's just too depressing right now!