James "The Patriot" Reese

Edwin G. Jones edjones at CALLAMER.COM
Mon Jun 5 10:23:34 MDT 1995

Miles (in response to my post):

>I personally got the feeling that he was upset at the fact the one of the
>member in the discussion was involved in the militia. I believe that he was
>venting his frustration at the fact that Sam, I belive, is among many men and
>women in this country who aspire to protect the constiutional rights of
>citizens. Some of who would rather not be protected by the self proclaimed
>militia.
>
>Miles
>Granted, the guy is an asshole but wouldn't it be more stimulating
>intellectually to try and understand his rage rather than jumpin' aboard the
>let's slam this guy bandwagon. Just a suggestion.
>
>Deep thoughts:
>
>It would seem to me that this lists by nature of the title is a forum for
>political discussion. Political as in the science of government. Government
>governing the people which it represents. It seems to me that it would be much
>more beneficial to understand than to bash. Bashing, I believe, sets an example
>that people can be disrespected on the basis of an opinion. OR as in this case,
>Bashing can be justified when in revenge. I believe, Jesus
>has set an example for us here. It's much more beneficial for all of us if we
>try to reason with, ignore or better still to try to understand where an
>unpleasant person like...what was his name?...is coming from.
>I will of course concede that the idea of an eye for an eye might be a better
>rule for social interactions.

Miles:
If I understand what you're saying, you think I shouldn't be bashing this guy.
I was doing nothing of the kind. Just trying to figure out why he chose to
launch such a personal attack against Sam, and with no provocation that I
could find.
He was the one doing the bashing, NOT I!

Ed Jones
edjones at callamer.com   EdwJon at aol.com   75230.73 at compuserve.com
Santa Maria, on California's beautiful Central Coast
Visit the Frame Gallery at http://www.callamer.com./~edjones