Dole v. Gollywood

Anthony Stapleton ASTAPLE at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 7 21:39:26 MDT 1995

I've been trying to stay out of the Dole v. Gollywood debate because I really
liked Reservoir Dogs and True Romance.  I haven't seen Pulp Fiction (its not
out at the Video Stores yet).

Mr. & Mrs. Dole may like or not like whatever they want.  They can choose to
see whatever movies they like.  They can choose to invest or not to invest in
whatever companies they want. They can express their opinion about movies,
Hollywood, or whatever.  EVERYTHING a political candidate says is POLITICAL,
regardless of their motives. I thank Bob for sharing his views on movies with
us regardless of his motives.  Unfortunately, it hasn't changed my opinion of
Dole one way or the other.  Phil Gramm is looking even better (even if he did
invest is porn)  <G R I N>

My point or lack thereof is that I enjoy some of  those "trashy" movies.  I
think others are terrible.  But, I want the opportunity to decide what I like
or don't.  Let the market decide.  And yes I consider myself a God fearing,
red-blooded, pray in school if you want to- conservative.

>      I don't know, nor do I care. I thought *True Romance* was a
>great story & a great movie. You see, I saw it -- therefore, I think I
>have a lot more right to talk about it than does Bob Dole, who opens his
>mouth without knowing what he's talking about.

Tony