Temptation!

Steve R. Henderson Steve_R._Henderson at BRIDGE.COM
Tue Jun 13 08:25:03 MDT 1995

     Cindy, I fully agree that we need to put more emphasis on "resisting
     temptation", and that it's what God wants us to do, but we are in this
     position because of US, not because of God. We must take full
     responsibility for our own shortcomings. Flip Wilson made a mint on
     "the Devil made me do it!" Unfortunately, this just isn't the case. We
     do it because we choose to do it.

     Don't get the wrong idea, Cindy. I'm not preaching even tho the
     following quoting of verses from the Bible might make it seem that
     way. Just take it as information.

     James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for
     God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
     James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own
     lust, and enticed.

Have a great day. I enjoy your posts.

Steve Henderson