Temptation!

Paul A. Keating PKEATING at JCVAXA.JCU.EDU
Tue Jun 13 15:19:25 MDT 1995

>Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 14:32:44 -0400
>From: "Miles R. West" <MWEST1 at etcv01.eld.ford.com>
>Subject: Re: Temptation!
>
>       [snip, snip]
>>
>"But that's no excuse!", says Mrs. & Mr.conservative from Republicanville. I
>didn't say it was. I just stated a fact that cannot be ignored. I do believe
>there is something in the Bible that says that those who know the Lord should
>reach out to "thy bretheren" and preach God's word in hopes that they too can
>learn the skills of resistance. I've seen this approach work in inner city
>neighborhoods.
>
>At the rate that the devils powers is spreading these days, I don't believe we
>can afford to sit back and simply say that those who cannot resist tempatation
>or those who choose to do wrong are bad people. We must take responsibility for
>ourselves as a human race. So get off you holier than thou soap boxes and lend
>a hand in your community to those who would otherwise "be tempted". Gee Wiz.

        Well spoken, Miles.  I believe there is another passage in
        the Bible that reflects the sentiment:  God does not tempt
        anyone beyond his/her ability to resist.  Perhaps this is
        one of the messages that we, as members of the human race,
        should spread--the message of hope.