Sincerity?

Anthony Stapleton ASTAPLE at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 13 23:12:15 MDT 1995

 Bruce digressed:

>the extent that the Bill-thing really bent my hide tonight during his
>address to the nation, when he said that people without higher education
>can't make it in this country. He implied, by saying so, that people
>like me are losers. Well, he can come out to ETAK; I'll be happy to show
>him just what a loser I am.

& Mr. Jones retorted:
----------------------------
That's not all he said!!! If he has decreased the deficit by one-third in
the past year, why is it going to take him 10 years to cut the other 2/3?
And if you run the numbers, you'll find that the lion's share of the deficit
reduction occurs in year 10!

This speech tonight had to be the biggest joke of 1995: promise everybody
everything (except for the "RICH"), cut everybody's taxes (except for the
"RICH"), and cut the deficit at the same time. Once again Mr. Slickster
(sorry, Miles, but I couldn't help myself) has just demonstrated that he is
not very well acquainted with the truth.
--------------

While I agree with what you both say, I must welcome Mr. Clinton to the fold.
 I'm so glad that spending a little time with Newt on stage has helped him
see the light.  Of course, I guess that Mr. Reich didn't understand what the
President wanted he said that the President was not interested in balancing
the budget.

And I guess when the President said it could be done it 7 years, then said it
could be done in less than ten years, he understood it then.

And I guess when the President submitted his multi-billion dollar deficit
budget proposal, he was interested in balancing the budget.

And I guess when the President lobbied against Penney's bill to cut the
budget, he was interested in balancing the budget.

And I guess that when the President vetoed the bipartisan budget with
significant progress to budget reduction, he was for a balanced budget.

And when the President fought the BBA, he was interested in balancing the
budget.

Cynical?  YES.  I wish I could believe the man is sincerely interested in
balancing the budget, but I can't help but believe he is only interested in
saying what he thinks we want to hear to get re-elected.