Paul Weyrich... Question!

Cindy Brewbaker 17872clb at MSU.EDU
Wed Jun 14 10:10:08 MDT 1995

Miles (pause), you never cease to amaze me w/your logic (or whatever).  My
understanding of Christian behavior is based on Jesus actions while here on
earth.  I believe he was a gentle and kind soul who utilized his God given
powers to "persuade" mortals to believe in Him and God the Father.  God sent
down 'laws' which are very basic (thou shalt not cheat, steel, lie, murder,
etc.) and do not require addendums from mere humans.  Another thing,
Christians do not "rule."  A Christian is, IMO, supposed to help guide and
teach the Word of God but not rule over w/the threat of punishment from a
gov't.  To me the thought of possibly going to hell is enough to deter me
from committing such terrible crime(s) that would warrant going to hell
after I die.  Besides, I have this thing called a concience that no law can
come close to being as strong an influence.  I realize that many people do
not listen to their concience as I do and they do require human laws to
guide or at least inform them that their behavior is not acceptable in
society, but to supplement God's laws w/human laws, IMO,  is unthinkable.
If I am misunderstanding what you're saying here, please enlighten me.
Cindy B.

Miles sezzz: