Welfare State is Bankrupt!

Laib, Steve A41 at MDBE.COM
Fri Jun 23 09:35:00 MDT 1995

Darin    "- Aptmaster at aol.com" <AptMaster at AOL.COM>
Wrote:

Folks:

Isn't it time to admit that the Welfare State is now bankrupt and we just
can't do it anymore.  My parents are in their early 60s and I bet they won't
be able to collect social security because the system is going down.  The
debate can no longer be centered around whether or not we Should but whether
or not we CAN.  AFDC, SSI, Etc Etc are susidizing laziness and draining the
coffers of the middle class.  Sooner or later, hopefully sooner the stuffs
going to hit the fan.

Sorry to all those liberals out there, but I think that the sacred cows no
longer have a pasture to graze in.  It's just a matter of time when all the
politicians realize this.  Better to get the programs (cows) cut down now
than to wait any longer and let them do more harm.

 -Darin (Time to DOWNSIZE the rest of the government!)
     Those people who have studied the history and general background on
taxation in the U.S., Including FICA, Medicare, etc., will note that the
system was demographically unstable from the start.
     It was ok as a stopgap measure, but over the long haul it was
inevitable that the problems we experience today would crop up.  The bottom
line on this is that we must, eventually get rid of the Social Security
system, as a drain on the productive sectors of the economy.  It should be
replaced, if we replace it with a legally enforced system, with a form of
personal savings where you put your money in for yourself, and then you take
it out later, just like the IRA or 401K plans.

Steve Laib JD MS(tax)
Atty. and Philosopher