Packwood Resigns!

Darin H. Deem AptMaster at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 11 16:33:42 MDT 1995

In a message dated 95-09-08 16:14:39 EDT, Robert writes:

>Well, I have always maintained that the Packwood situation was a
>definite NEGATIVE for Republicans.  I think the GOP finally realized
>that by NOT "eating their own" they would have been eaten themselves by
>all the negative publicity.  The GOP has an opportunity to make a
>historic mark on Congress, and I think most sensible Republicans didn't
>want the Packwood incident to erase all they have accomplished.

I agree with your position here, Robert.  I believe that the GOP or any party
has got to hold themselves to a very high standard.  Not just in talk like
Bill Clinton does but in actual doings.  When a party succeeds in doing that,
they will have truly transformed their own party as well as the country.
 People will stop looking at congress as they do now, and instead regard them
as statesmen, at least which ever party succeeds in doing this.

It's time to move beyond politics as usual and onto a higher level, it would
be nice to see, but it may never happen!

-Darin