Are you a rational consumer? (fwd)

Dennis Putnam putnamd%atlodbs1 at DRAGON.COM
Wed Sep 13 14:09:33 MDT 1995

>  SNIP
>
> Question 4
> ----------
>
> Which is more likely, when you roll 6 dice and get a HHHHHH or HHTHTT?
>
> 6 HEADS OR 2 HEADS, A TAIL, A HEAD, TWO TAILS
>
>  SNIP

As a D&D player (and DM) from a while back I have seen many dice of different
sides. None have Heads or Tails on them? Are we talking about coins here,
or normal 6 sided dice? What is a head on a 6 sided dice? Perhaps this is a
trick question and the answer is the probability is the same for both, namely
zero since such a die is undefined.

--
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services