Guns Figure

David Bell DBELL at SYSUBMC.BMC.COM
Mon Sep 18 10:57:25 MDT 1995

Robert,

Assuming the information is available, what sort of group is non-biased?
 It is only with the emergence of a group who wants to
disarm us, that the NRA suddenly becomes a far-right, out of control
group.

Your very question intimates that the NRA produces false information.
Why? Bias is usually used to initimate an intentional misreading of
information. What about the study by Dr. Gary Kleck? Was he biased
when he studied the information from FBIUCS? No, I don't believe so, and
I don't believe that he started the study with a particular bias. I
believe he has since been castigated by the left as having intent.
What he came up with is some startling information. It is unaccepted by
the left. It points out particular need to control crime. The left
and establishment groups want to ignore it.

I guess I would like to know what your intent is? To somehow modify
the NRA statements, statistics and research, or, to figure out where
we go from here? Regarding what subject? If Bias means support for
traditional, constitutional, patriotically correct, stuff, then I guess
I don't care if it is biased or not. Why do you?
Please elaborate.

David