Guns Figure

Willaim Thurber - PhD Student thurber at FMGMT.MGMT.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Sep 22 08:30:57 MDT 1995

Robert said:
> Hell, I could care less if anyone agreed with my study as long as I get
> paid! :)

Will says:

My thought exactly, I would be happy to do the study if somebody would
compensate me for my time.  The problem becomes why would a group with an
advocacy position pay me?  Dennis claimed earlier that in the pursuit of
truth the free market works best, but if my proposed study supported gun
control I doubt that NRA would publish it (oh yeah, like: Sorry folks we
were just wrong all these years, we are closing our offices effective
immeadiately and all working for the re-election of the Pres.) nor
would they hire me again.  Likewise on the left I'm sure.

The free market is a wonderful thing, but historically the only
truth it reveals is subjective.  Even in the advocacy positions of
lawyers in a criminal case they are required to reveal all the physical
evidence.  Which reminds me whatever happen to the infamous envelope at
you-know-whos trial?

--Will
> Robert A. Ostrea, Jr.
> North Hollywood, CA
> RAOstrea at ix.netcom.com
>
> DODGERS WON 4-2 Wed 9/20!
> 1 1/2 back of Colorado   NL West
> 1 in front of Houston    NL Wild Card

PS: Robert, if there is any justice in the world the Dodgers and/or the
Angels will make the World Series, so people in LA will have something to
do when the rest of us are watching football.