Dole or Slick???? Yuk!

Sam Teel sam.teel at SFWMD.GOV
Wed Sep 27 14:01:52 MDT 1995

Cindy writes:

> Thanks for the info Steve.  Although I have the utmost respect and
> admiration for Thomas Sowell, I'm not completely sold on Gramm as a
> candidate (truthfully, I haven't picked anyone yet).
>
> Cindy B. (Atty. of Common Sense and Layman Philosopher)  :)

Gramm is my current choice for our candidate but one of my best friends, who
is a demo-crite, says Gramm will never get elected and that if we nominate
him we are dooming ourselves to 4 more of slick.  He thinks we should go with
Dole, hold our nose, and pick a true conservative VP.  Like Keyes for example.

I suspect he is right, that Dole is our only hope of getting rid of slick. I
pretty much discount the 3rd party deal as doa.  I don't believe that Powell
will run as an independent nor will he get the Republician nomination.  Perot
won't get 25% of the vote he got in 92.  Too many remember voting for Ross and
getting slicked.

Sam Teel (also known as Jesse Helms on the Repub-L list!)

BTW  The National Teachers Assc. has declared that Oct. is National Gay
     Celibration month.  Keep an eye on your public schools.  I've ask my
     15 year old to let me know of anything they post about it.