Guns and other countries

putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Fri Sep 29 07:43:44 MDT 1995

>  SNIP
> I am what most people call a "gun nut".  I own them, shoot them, carry them
> and like them alot.  If I could wave my magic wand and make all firearms
> disapear from the world to never return, I'd proably do it.  That is only
> fantasy.  As long as crimminals have guns, so will I.  Even if it is
> crimminal for me to do so.

I don't think you really are a gun-nut. If you waved your wand, I would
re-invent the gun for the sheer pleasure of target shooting and plinking.
That's maybe closer to the definition of a gun nut.

Finally, getting rid of guns will do nothing, criminals will simply switch
to other weapons in which case you will have to wave your wand again to get
the guns back for self defense.

--
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services