Smokers -- why sue?

Anthony Stapleton ASTAPLE at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 6 21:09:48 MST 1996

Mr. Warman writes

>...As a nonsmoker, I also agree - so long as the insurance companies rate us
>separately.  But I do question whether Medicare should continue to fork
>over for behavior-related health problems.

     How 'bout people who eat high fat diets?  How 'bout people that are
involved in other "high risk" activities, such as skydiving, skiing, IV drug
use, unprotected sex?
How about people that lead sedentary lives, sitting on their ample posteriors
in front of computer monitors?

     While I don't necessarily disagree with your point, where do you draw
the line?

Tony