Racism and Affirmative Action

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Fri Feb 9 11:20:00 MST 1996

> I have to agree with the Reverend Jackson that the NBA is as good as
> hiring gets in an imperfect world without racial bias.  I doubt if I would
> pay to see the Bulls with a bunch of fat, short, white guys bouncing off
> of each other. (Well, at least, probably not more than once.)

You are missing the point of the NBA example. Using the same criteria that
AA requires for other businesses the NBA, by definition, discriminates.
Therefore, again using the AA criteria, the NBA is terrible at hiring without
racial bias. The point being that liberals can't have it both ways. If the
black population in a business is below the proportion represented in the
population is discrimination (and that is the way AA measures it) then
a black population in a business the exceeds the proportion represented
in the population is discrimination also.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.