Go Pat Go

Laib, Steve A41 at MDBESF.MDBE.COM
Tue Feb 20 10:56:00 MST 1996

James A. Moore Wrote:

>        Mark, I am not totally against all of his ideas.  I don't like Pat
>Buchanan as an individual.  I think that HE is a fascist.  So does Bill
>Beneath.  Newt has said that if Buchanan gets the nomination that he will
>enter the race at last minute to oppose him.  And Haley Barbour has hinted
>that Buchanan is not an acceptable candidate. So I am hardly along in my
>views on Pat.

I don't believe that Buchanan intends to be a fascist.  His ideas, however,
in many cases could be construed as such.  The danger in Buchanan
is not that he will be elected.  He won't, so in the end, his views will be
not be that important to this election.  The danger is in that a large
number of people do not see that what Buchanan wants to do would
be a violation of the freedoms which we have taken for granted.  He
means well, and wants to serve the nation.  It's his methods which
are wrong, and he doesn't see that they are.

Steve Laib
Atty. and Philosopher