Buchanan!??!!?

Laib, Steve A41 at MDBESF.MDBE.COM
Wed Feb 21 09:52:00 MST 1996

 ----------
Tony Wrote:

This may have been said before, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself or
someone else:

Buchanan is truly an enigma to me.  I believe that he identifies the
"problems" accurately, however I find myself disliking his answers to the
problems.  I'm willing to admit that I may not be totally consistent in this
regard.  I recall his speech at the 1992 convention.  He accurately
identified the issues facing the U.S. (as evidenced by the 1994 elections
and
the current campaign issues), but I also recall being angry with Buchanan
for
what I believed was a vitriolic performance.

I think you have said it quite well here.  That's the problem.  Pat knows
what's wrong, but not what to do about it.  Lee Rogers on KSFO put it
this way this morning.  Pat Buchanan is a combination of the Ross Perot
vote and the Christian Coalition.  Regardless of what anyone may
think of these voter blocks, They are not going to carry the day into
the White House.

Steve Laib
Atty. and Philosopher