Democrats nightmare

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Wed Feb 21 13:56:48 MST 1996

> Convention Day, San Diego
> On the first ballot, no candidate wins nomination and the doors
> are closed, the media speculates with glee over the apparant
> self-destruction of the Republican party.  Cokie says "Well, Sam,
> no party which appears so disunited at its convention could
> possibly beat Clinton" and smiles.
> The second and third ballot still show no winner, but then
> SOMETHING HAPPENS...(jaws music here)
> The lights dim as smoke pours out of projectors hidden around the
> stage, soon the only light comes from a single spotlight focused
> on the podium, and up steps the dark horse candidate to unite the
> republican party.  A hush falls, and...
> COLIN POWELL!!!
> <Bill and Hillary now wake up, drenched in sweat..."
>
> Got this scenario on good authority, attended a lecture by Steve
> Tuttle, a prominent liberal Democratic consultant here in
> Phoenix and a columnist in the Arizona Republic.
>                                                 ---EDWARD---

Democrat nightmare???? Sounds like a Conservative's nightmare to me, and
thus a Republican nightmare. No point winning the Whitehouse if the
conservative momentum is stopped regardless of which party wins it.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.