Telecommunication Bill

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Mon Feb 26 06:30:58 MST 1996

> While I totally agree with the sentiment, I have a few comments:
>
> 1)  Sending chain letters is the FASTEST way to clog mail servers.  As
>     a mail admin, I speak from experience.  A lot of service providers
>     expressly forbid such activity, and it is a good way to lose your
>     account.
>
> 2)  If you intend to send this to president at whitehouse.gov, don't waste
>     your time - or the bandwidth.  If the whitehouse.gov address
>     receives too much mail, it will simply throttle back the reception
>     of mail, slowing down your server and the links in between your
>     server and whitehouse.gov.  Plus, you will simply hassle the
>     admins of whitehouse.gov.  I know this because the admins of
>     whitehouse.gov have posted to various news admin newsgroups
>  SNIP

In addition the opposition at this point has become moot. I understand that a
federal judge has already issued an injuction on enforcing that part of the
bill and a full ruling is expected in a couple of months declaring that part
of the bill unconstitutional.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.