Buchanan and Freedom -Reply

Laib, Steve A41 at MDBESF.MDBE.COM
Mon Feb 26 15:52:00 MST 1996

  Richard Swerdlin (spiritually) Asked:

>Steve Laib:

>    Do the Senate chaplains go too as part of budget cutting?

>    Although of course he is in the House, Rep. Armey assures me that
>the chaplains do important work.

     I'm of no personal opinion on this one.  At risk of alienating the
Christians
on the list, I will say that I do not subscribe to an organized religion,
although
I do closely follow Judeo-Christian ethics.  My fiancee is catholic and
doesn't
mind, as I say nothing about religion, except to reinforce the importance of
what it teaches.

     The best suggestion I can make is that if the legislators think that
they are of use, then they should stay, but I may want to cut their
compensation,
depending on how much they are receiving for how much "work".  After all,
I understand that there are "ceremonial" offices related to the government
which should probably have their compensation adjusted down, as well.

Steve Laib
Atty. and Philosopher