Gumbel on Pat - You ain't seen nothin' yet -Reply

Laib, Steve A41 at MDBESF.MDBE.COM
Tue Feb 27 09:44:00 MST 1996

 Dennis Putnam wrote:

>Funny, I thought his name was 'Gumby Dammit' and he was the Don Rickles of
>erasers. Are you saying Eddie Murphy mis-portrayed the character on SNL?
 :)

Heck, I thought everyone knew that Murphy was spoofing the real Gumby.
The real Gumby is the diametric opposite of Don Rickles.  You should
check out the old Gumby animations.  He is so nice, it's almost overdoing
things.
One of my friends gave me a Gumby mug.  On one side it has Gumby
holding a big red heart.  on the other it reads "Gumby says, Have a Heart".

I think maybe Gumby Dammit must be his evil twin brother.   :)

Steve Laib
Atty. and Philosopher