Dept of Ed - Reply -Reply -Reply

Richard Swerdlin Swerdlin at COEFS.COE.UNT.EDU
Tue Feb 27 16:55:53 MST 1996

Date:  02/27/1996  05:53 pm  (Tuesday)
From:  Richard Swerdlin
To:  SMTP.Gate("\"RUSHTALK at athena.csdco.com\"")
Subject:  Re: Dept of Ed - Reply -Reply -Reply

Mark Bailey:

    I realize the focus was the national Dept. of Education.  If I
made some comments about the state equivalent, it was more a matter
of speculation, than the expression of a specific or direct need.  In
Texas and some other states, even a state board of education can
overdo the bit.  The intentions are reasonable, but sometimes
attendant regulations or policies become impractical and/or too
expensive.

    In essence, I try to keep an open mind regarding government at
any rung of the educational ladder.  When I was teaching elementary
school in Ohio, things were much simpler.  There was little contact
with either Columbus or Washington.  Times indeed change.

    We all need to work for better schools, wherever we live.