Steve Forbes and Jack Kennedy

Thu Feb 29 13:59:01 MST 1996

You wrote:

>Kenneth,
>        I agree with your points, and, since if my memory is
>correct that you support Buchanan, I probably should take this
>opportunity to amend somewhat my position vis-a-vis Buchanan.
>/---------------------------------------\
>|               EDWARD                  |
>|---------------------------------------|
>|           FORBES/KEYES 96             |
>|---------------------------------------|
Ed,
    although I'm a "extremist" from back in Barry Goldwater's
time and am, therefore, inclined toward Patrick, I am keeping my
options open for now -- If I sound like I support him, the case
is that I don't like all the "piling on" on Pat for daring to
state his positions and un-politically holding on to them.
    One point about his "extremism" -- to the guy just layed off
due to his job leaving the U.S., Pat is a "friend" while the
company that laid him off probably feels Pat is an extremist
in his "fair trade" position.
    In summary, the Bill Bennetts of the GOP better re-think their
one way attitude toward Pat if they don't want San Diego to resemble
the bloody floor of a Roman Amphitheater.

Ken Wyman