Tax Question

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Fri Jul 5 09:56:57 MDT 1996

> Can any of you fine folks answer this question for me:
>
> What percentage of US income tax revenues are paid by
> the top 5% income groups?   I would appreciate this
> information for use in another list.

I can't recall the numbers exactly but I think the top 20% pay 60% of the
revenues and the top 5% pay 20%. But don't assume these numbers are gospel.
If you want the exact numbers I can look it up in my Limbaugh Letters but I'm
on the road and won't be home until next week.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.