Affirmative Action and the CCRI

Stephen A Frye safrye at CCGATE.DP.BECKMAN.COM
Wed Jul 24 16:58:40 MDT 1996

>The bottom line is that the US is a Constitutional gov and nothing in the
>constitution gives anyone a legal right to discriminate or use quotas. If
>you are committing an illegal act you are acting against our laws and are
>enemies of those that conform to our premise of equal rights. Affirmative
>Action is unconstitutional and those that use it should and must be duly
>punished.  JB

Your last sentence states that Affirmative action is unconstitutional -
yet it is the prevailing mandate.  Hence - the written Constitution is NOT
uniformly enforced.  Against the law or not, discrimination is alive and
well.  And whether the discriminators are enemies of the conformists or
not, they are getting away with it.

This country is riddled with laws.  The presence of the Constitution or
the presence of any other law do not insure compliance.  If the
Constitution were enforced - uniformly for all - there would never have
been a need for even the concept of Affirmative Action.

Stephen Frye