Food for Thought

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Thu Jul 25 06:45:44 MDT 1996

>  SNIP
> Hmmm. Forgive me again, but wouldn't the definition of impartiality be
> allowing both sides to be heard equally?

No, because if 70% of the callers are conservative and 30% are liberal then
50% each gives liberals too much time in proportion to their numbers. Therefore
the on-air caller ratio is biased to the left. Interesting, when the reverse
is true the liberals get more air time because there are proportionally more
liberal callers than conservative and that is considered balanced.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.