Affirmative Action and the CCRI

Wei Bao-dong febboy at IX.NETCOM.COM
Thu Jul 25 16:23:23 MDT 1996

Willaim Thurber - MKTG PhD Student wrote:

> Why do you see racial discrimination as exclusivly a spiritual failure?  I
> think an argument could be made that it is an economic and political
> failure too.  Some might extend this to say that if you do not see this as
> econ and political failure, then you are a racist.  The more I think about
> it the more I think that the extention might be true, since the advocacy
> of the denial of econ and political rights to one group would weaken
> society as a whole, unless you hold that the discriminated group is
> inferior.  Thoughts?
>
> --Will

The denial of econ and political rights is a moral/spiritual
failure.

Regards, PapaPaul
Three vampires go into a bar.  "I'll have a blood," said the first
vampire to the bartender. "Gimme me a blood, too," said the second.
"I'll have a pint of plasma," said the third.  "Okay," said the
bartender, "let's see if I have this right.  It'll be two Bloods,
and one Blood-lite?"