Affirmative Action and the CCRI

Edward Dunai darkside at ASU.EDU
Fri Jul 26 16:26:34 MDT 1996

JB,
        I don't want _any_ ethnic identification in this country.  WE ARE
ALL AMERICANS.  I do not wish to be labeled as being with this ethic
group or that ethnic group.  I do not wish for a "unified" voice for all
whites.  I am perfectly capable of representing myself, of contacting my
legislators when necesary, of writing to my local paper, of being heard.
I find the idea that since every other ethnic category has lobbyists that
we have to jump in too.  If every other ethnic group jumped into the
Grand Canyon would you advocate that we followed right along like little
lemmings <G>  IMHO, we must always and ever attempt to do what's right,
rather than what's popular.  We must stand against the rising tide of
balkanization in this country and force it to recede.  We must stand for
our principles, for otherwise, what do we have to stand for?  We must
not, in short, give in to the temptation to abandon the idea of Dr. Kings
of judging our fellow citizens on the content of their character rather
than the color of their skins.

|         Darkside at ASU.EDU              |
| "In this present crisis, government   |
|  is not the solution to our problems, |
|  government IS the problem.           |
|                       Ronaldus Magnus |