Affirmative Action and the CCRI

Edward Dunai darkside at ASU.EDU
Sat Jul 27 08:53:53 MDT 1996

JB,
        The point is that if we "deplore" the title, we must refrain from
using it.  We must not allow ourselves to become victims of the same
separatory tendencies which resulted in the war in the Balkans.  We must
not permit their to be ANY legal, ethical or moral distinctions between
the races, and if that temporarily disadvantages us, at least cosmeticly,
then so be it.  Someone must stand up and refuse to be identified as
anything less than an American.  We must, as a people, reject the false
reality that creates the urge for ethnic identification to the exclusion
of national identification.  We must not give up the battle merely
because we might take a few casualties, we must persevere in our quest
for the renewal of the American Dream, the dream of equality under the
law, opportunity for all citizens, and justice for all mankind. (dang, I
sound like a bloody politico ;) )

|         Darkside at ASU.EDU              |
| "In this present crisis, government   |
|  is not the solution to our problems, |
|  government IS the problem.           |
|                       Ronaldus Magnus |