The Liberal way: ban the bad books

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Mon Jul 29 13:22:08 MDT 1996

> The original post hits the mark quite well, but don't some of you feel a
> little silly here?  After all isn't this analogous to condom distribution
> in the schools, or banning "Heather has two mommies?  Let me rephrase
> Jim's point:  We've never seen a headline like "Condom attaches itself to
> 12 year old and has sex with 8th grade girl.  Film at 11.
>
> --Will

Will, you continue to mis-understand either the facts or conservatism. The
book in question, "Heather Has Two Mommies" is a teaching text. Thus
it represents the official position of the school and government for the
purpose of promoting deviant lifestyles as normal and acceptable. That is not
book banning. You liberals can't seem to see the difference between free
press and forced education. Why do you, as a liberal view teaching from the
text, "Heather Has Two Mommies" as free press then turn around and supress
teaching "The Holy Scriptures" in the same school? For the record I beleive
neither should be taught as school curriculum but neither should they be
banned for free reading if they have parental permission.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.