Affirmative Action and the CCRI

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Mon Jul 29 13:33:10 MDT 1996

> For this to be true you must accept the proposition that black and white
> populations are unequally qualified.  (If I there is another option
> please let me know, but I will continue with this assumption).  Then we
> must ask the question why do the populations have unequal
> qualifications.  I can only come to two solutions to this problem: 1)
> blacks are not born with the requisite skills; or 2) the educational
> system is failing the black population.  Those who choose #1 are racists
> in my book, if you choose #2 then AA is a method that will force systems
> to become more responsive through the pressure of the market place.

That is liberal think. I don't have to accept that proposition at all. The
proposition I do and will accept is that all individuals are not equally
qualified.

> I have put this idea to you before (therefore am communicating directly
> with you, to save boring the rest of the group), I would appreciate your
> reaction and direct attempt to counter my argument.

I haven't changed my position. Descrimination is flat out wrong and
unconsitutional regardless of which way it goes. Peroid. End of sentence.
End of paragraph. End of discussion.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.