Gun Control (my opinion)

William Thurber thurber at FMGMT.MGMT.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Jul 29 20:17:27 MDT 1996

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Wei Bao-dong wrote:

> > I have always been curious about how you might interpret the meaning of
> > the 2nd ammndt in this way and accept the limits on civilian ownership of
> > amongst others - nuclear arms?
> >
> > --Will
>
> I have always been curious about how you might interpret the meaning
> of the 2nd amendment in this way and not limit civilian ownership of
> amongst others - pocket knives?

Well I asked first, and I did in sincere curiosity.  I trust you did
too.  I am not sure how you think I interpret the meaning of the 2nd
Admt.  But the quantitative difference between pocket knives and
automatic rifles is the amount of human destruction from what range in a
limited period of time.  Now will you tell me if you support civilian
control of nuclear arms, and the rationale behind your support or lack of
same?

--Will