Gun Control (my opinion)

Wei Bao-dong febboy at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Jul 29 23:48:29 MDT 1996

William Thurber wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Wei Bao-dong wrote:
>
> > > I have always been curious about how you might interpret the meaning of
> > > the 2nd ammndt in this way and accept the limits on civilian ownership of
> > > amongst others - nuclear arms?
> > >
> > > --Will
> >
> > I have always been curious about how you might interpret the meaning
> > of the 2nd amendment in this way and not limit civilian ownership of
> > amongst others - pocket knives?
>
> Well I asked first, and I did in sincere curiosity.  I trust you did
> too.  I am not sure how you think I interpret the meaning of the 2nd
> Admt.  But the quantitative difference between pocket knives and
> automatic rifles is the amount of human destruction from what range in a
> limited period of time.  Now will you tell me if you support civilian
> control of nuclear arms, and the rationale behind your support or lack of
> same?
>
> --Will

Will,

I am sure of your sincerity.

I support civilian control of nuclear arms.  No single individual
can understand the complexities of waging nuclear arms.  I doubt
that the 2nd covers stealth bombers or the bombs they carry :)
I think Dennis has it right about the definition of arms in the
2nd.  Had Rep Schumar been King George's man, we perhaps would
still be serving tea in the afernoon.

Oh, God!   Not ANOTHER cycle of this gun-control thing !!!
If I helped start it, then I REPENT.

Regards, PapaPaul