The Liberal way: ban the bad books

Willaim Thurber - MKTG PhD Student thurber at FMGMT.MGMT.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Jul 30 09:42:04 MDT 1996

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Tony Stapleton wrote:

>   The ability to purchase a book in a bookstore for your child or check
> out the book from a public library for your child is different from
> providing the book to grade school children.  Condoms being available at
> the local supermarket for purchase is different from passing them out at
> school.

I am not sure that the channels of distribution are all that different.
My point was that it is parental influence that ultimatly will govern the
use of these products as it is with the way in which they will receive,
understand and use the information they receive about sex and sexuality.

--Will