Affirmative Action and the CCRI

Dennis Putnam putnamd at ATLODBS1.HAYES.COM
Wed Jul 31 09:08:18 MDT 1996

> Dennis,
>       I would include on your list of organizations to be eliminated
> the KKK, the Aryan Nation and any other white supremist group.  While
> INDIVIDUALS may be inferior or superior to others, I do not believe that
> GROUPS are, and thus is the crux of my argument.  If the groups are equal
> in potential, affirmative action is but retargetted racism.  We must
> judge each other as individuals, based on our merits, our
> accomplishments, our character.  We must not judge each other based on
> our ethnic identification or our skin color.

I did not say to eliminate the groups in question (that would be
constitutionally impossible and I would not support that anyway). What I
said was remove them from postions of power (over government policy was
implied if that wasn't clear). The organizations you mention have little or no
influence over government policy (except to cause liberals to want to curtail
even more individual freedom) so that is why I didn't include them.

---
Dennis Putnam, Manager
Technical Planning and Services
Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

Hayes or its management.

"Our Founding Fathers did not create our civil liberties ... They safegarded
them." Tanya Mataksa, NRA-ILA Executive Director.