It has come to my attention...

John B Hammes economic at WORF.NETINS.NET
Sat Oct 5 00:24:15 MDT 1996

Hi RUSHTALK ppl:

        It has come to my attention that some ppl on the list have the
notion that there's some sort of censoring practiced on RUSHTALK.  Well,
there is, but only when I find that someone is flagrantly engaging in
something that the FAQ expressly prohibits (i.e., really vile personal
attacks, off-subject posts, profanity, to mention a few). When this
happens, I often wait to see if other subscribers will suggest that the
scoundrel please read the FAQ file.  Usually this is all that's
necessary...as a matter of fact, I've never had to "kick" anyone off
RUSHTALK and have only been tempted once.  I think the spirit of this list
is reflected in its subscribers.  I think that's why, if Rush ever takes
my advice, he will subscribe himself to RUSHTALK only to find it vacant of
the shortcomings he's voiced about the "Newsgroups" elsewhere on the
Internet.

        So, if we all abide by the rules, we'll all stay right here until
we unsubscribe ourselves.  I have no intention of kicking anyone off this
list, unless they just won't listen to Reason.  (my brother's name is
Rhyme.)  So have at it and please try to keep the personal attacks (on
each other) to a minimum.  As to personal attacks on the President or any
of his girlfriends...well, I love it.  I'm conservatively biased. :)

        By the way; I think Clinton will go the route of Jimmy
Carter...did anyone see the 1992 debate Friday night on C-SPAN?  I love
comedy!  Have a ball, all!

Sincerely,
John B Hammes
Moderator

Oh yea:  Seea? My spell-chicker works fyne! :)

"WHEN I DIE, I WANNA GO PEACEFULLY IN MY SLEEP LIKE GRANDPA, AND NOT
     SCREAMING IN TERROR IN AN AIRLINE SEAT LIKE HIS PASSENGERS"

         ANONYMOUS POSTING ON FLIGHT-SIMULATOR DISCUSSION GROUP