Debates

Tony Stapleton astaple at NWLINK.COM
Sun Oct 6 23:47:55 MDT 1996

Sam

I agree with your general analysis in that I think Bob held his own.
My gut was not strong on either candidate's performance.  I need
to watch it again.

In general, the President did a decent job of sticking to the
issues that make him look like a strong performer.  He did not
however, take steps to change attitudes about him.  Neither did Dole.
This is much more critical for Dole than for Clinton, for if Dole is to
make up the ground against Clinton, he must convince the "far right" and
the
"Perot Voter" that Dole is a better choice.  Neither candidate really
did that tonight

--
Tony Stapleton
<astaple at nwlink.com>