Rush not having a good day

William B. White WHITEWB at JCCW22.CC.SUNYJCC.EDU
Fri Oct 11 16:13:01 MDT 1996

=46rom:=09NAME: Bill White                   =20
=09FUNC: HUMANITIES                     =20
=09TEL: 326/371                          <WHITE, BILL AT A1 AT JCCV03=

To:=09IN%"rushtalk at athena.csdco.com"@MRGATE at JCCW22

Step=E8en wrot=E5:
>For some reason I believe charisma often wins over logic.

        Yes indeed. A Magnus personality is an interesting phenomenon=
.  It=20
is a natural gift that can be enhanced through training.   Actors, fo=
r=20
example, study its subtleties.   Like all gifts (or weapons, for=20
that matter) charisma can be turned to good or just as easily to ill.
Ted Bundy used his charisma to lure=20
women into his demonic clutches.  Another person, Krishnamurti, used =
his=20
charisma to emphasize individual spiritual awareness.     Unquestiona=
bly,=20
Bill Clinton, too, has a form of charisma.  He exudes extroversion,=
=20
makes eye contact, smiles, and gives a firm handshake.   Beyond these=
 basics,=20
he projects warmth and concern.   People feel subliminally inclined t=
o=20
follow him.  I have known many magnus personalities;  some are ethica=
l, and=20
others would steal everything you have, including your soul (if=20
they could) in a New York minute.     An unscrupulous, charismatic=
=20
politician can exert a baleful influence that reverberates for many y=
ears in a=20
society.   This effect was noted by Lao Tse, the Taoist sage:  "A gre=
at man is=20
a public misfortune."

Sincerely,

Bill White