Laugh Of The Day - Sat, Oct 12 1996 (fwd)

Mark Bailey gopatgo at PSCI.NET
Sun Oct 13 20:52:11 MDT 1996

<---- Begin Forwarded Message ---->
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 05:46:27 +0800
Sender: Free Catholic Mailing List <CATHOLIC at AMERICAN.EDU>
From: Fiona MARSDEN <st952058 at ECHIDNA.STU.COWAN.EDU.AU>
Subject: Laugh Of The Day - Sat, Oct 12 1996 (fwd)
To: Multiple recipients of list CATHOLIC <CATHOLIC at AMERICAN.EDU>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 02:10:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jascha Franklin-Hodge <JoeShmoe at Misty.com>
To: lotd at facteur.std.com
Subject: Laugh Of The Day - Sat, Oct 12 1996

        Be sure to visit LaughWEB (http://www.misty.com/laughweb/)

*File Description: Politically Correct Dictionary*

               New Official Politically Correct Terms for 1991.
                             You Must Comply

        old                             new
conservative                    reactionary
The Establishment               White Power Elite
hearing person                  temporarily aurally abled
sighted person                  temporarily visually abled
blind                           visually challenged
mute                            vocally challenged
dead                            metabolically different
alive                           temporarily metabolically abled
ugly                            aesthetically challenged
rude                            politically correct (tm)
psychopath                      socially misaligned
bald                            follicularly challenged
non-white, non-male             oppressed
white                           melanin impoverished/genetically oppressive
white male                      oppressor
black                           african-american
asian                           asian-american
afro-american                   african-american

pregnancy                       parasitic oppression

janitor                         sanitation engineer
dish washer                     utensil sanitizer

dairy                           where cows are raped
ranch                           where cattle are murdered
egg ranch                       where hens are raped

biology department              where animals are tortured and then murdered
                                to fulfill the sadistic fantasies of white
                                male scientist lakeys of the imperialistic
                                drug companies

fishing                         raping the oceans
farming                         exploiting mother earth

paper bag                       processed tree carcass

Many of the labels from the 80's are now passe.  Here is a partial
list of the denotations that are now acceptable (all labels are subject
to change without notice).

old                     80's                    90's
---                     ----                    ----
deaf                    hearing impaired        aurally challenged
blind                   sight impaired          visually challenged
retarded                mentally handicapped    mentally challenged
queer                   gay/homosexual          queer [strange but true]
fat                     big boned               alternative body image

Where "email_address" is the address you used when you subscribed to lotd.

For more information about Laugh Of The Day or LaughWEB, send email to:
     joeshmoe at world.std.com
with a SUBJECT header of:
     info laugh

To subscribe to lotd, point your web browser to:
     http://world.std.com/~joeshmoe/laughweb/lotd_subscribe.html

The URL of today's laugh:
     http://www.misty.com/laughweb/political/politically.correct.terms
Warning - Material contained in this document might be considered offensive.
Please read our disclaimer:
     http://www.misty.com/laughweb/laughweb.disclaimer.txt

<----  End Forwarded Message  ---->

Sincerely,
Mark Alan Bailey
gopatgo at psci.net
me_mabai at cs4.lamar.edu
markabailey at geocities.com
| Howard Phillips/Herb Titus '96:  U.S. Taxpayers Party                        |
| Buchanan for President 2000                                                  |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| May the road rise to meet you.              |***********Some Links***********|
| May the wind be always at your back.        | Buchanan Brigade Headquarters  |
| May the sun shine warm upon your face       | http://www.buchanan.org        |
|   the rains fall soft upon your fields      | US Taxpayers Party Headquarters|
|   and, until we meet again.                 | http://www.ustaxpayers.org     |
| May God hold you in the palm of His hand.   | St. Meinrad College Homepage   |
|                -An Old Irish Blessing       | http://www.stmeinradcol.edu    |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|********************************Some More Links*******************************|
| How to Pray the Liturgy of the Hours                                         |
| http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~thomas/catholic/loh-struc.html                      |
| Mark Bailey's Personal Homepage                                              |
| http://www.geocities.com/Athens/3051                                         |
| Festina Lente! (Hasten Slowly!)                                              |
| Creatio Ex Nihilo! (Creation out of nothingness!)                            |
| Timete eos qui timent te. (Fear those who fear you.)                         |
| Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos? (If God is for us, who can be against?)  |
| Deus est ubique! (God is everywhere!)                                        |
| "A candle may light the way in darkness, but NUCLEAR POWER                   |
| means we can have cold beer while we watch the Super Bowl."                  |
| Anonymous                                                                    |