The Beach Heckler

Helen Cadogan hc40 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Oct 19 22:47:19 MDT 1996

Gee, guys,

We're all so mean; so mean-spirited; so awful; we're all so critical of the
POTUS.  We won't give him a chance to do his job.  We don't give him credit
for anything good, and are all over him like white on rice.  I feel so bad
that we're like this.  I mean, being the POTUS is a big job, lots of
stresses, and he works harder than any POTUS has ever worked before; he
jogs harder than any POTUS has before, and still has thunder thighs.  Now,
here we are enjoying a heckler knocking the POTUS.  That's so mean-spirited
of us.  Really!

Ah, well,  I've got those senseless Democratic burblings out of my system.
As I said before, the only reason POTUS didn't have his beach heckler
arrested is that it's close to election and he does not want to be seen
infringing on someone's First Amendment rights.  After election, it's fine,
whether or not he wins.  Bill, I don't think that the lady's being a
Democrat has anything to do with her non-arrest.  That arrest is on hold
for a little while.  Oh, but I enjoyed her lyricism.

I'm not a betting woman, but I'm willing to bet a copy of one of my
favorite books--I've so many favorites, I wonder which?--that there'll be a
lot of shredding in the WH the night POTUS loses.   A lot of shredding.

Helen

>> I enjoyed this clip when I saw it on tv.
>
>        So did I, and discovered a
>        new meaning of "vicarious"
>

>> A sort of moment of truth
>> something; a sort of I've introduced him to the enemy and the enemy is he,
>> himself.

"If we must die, let it not be like hogs
Hunted and penned in an inglorious spot,....
If we must die, O let us nobly die,....
What though before us lies the open grave?
Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!"

                                         --Claude McKay, "If We Must Die"

http://www.talkin-drum.com/canboulay/