Winners, Losers and character tests

Dennis Putnam dap at ILINKS.NET
Mon Oct 21 20:18:12 MDT 1996

On Sun, 20 Oct 96 19:46:40 PDT  , Willaim Thurber - MKTG PhD
Student wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> My point is that it is not the duty of others to understand you, it is
> your duty to make yourself understood.  This is your responsibility, =

face
> up to it without blaming others.

As usual Will you are a master at non-sequitors. This is totally
unrelated to your original statement that, if one tries to evaluate the =

reasons for a loss that is considered being a poor loser.

> As for your contention of a stupid electorate, sheesh Dennis listen
to the
> data.  57% do not trust Clinton but about 1/2 of these people are
willing
> to vote for him.  Since they agree with your view of the President,
you
> can hardly call them misinformed.  Yet, they will still reject the
> alternative!!!!!  There is a message in there.  I contend that it is
> either messenger, message or an interaction of the two.  You will
have 4
> years to figure out which (or to sit on your rear blaming others for =

not
> understanding, communicating, or whatever)  Like I said, its your
choice,
> just have the responsibility to live up to it - as you would prescribe =

for
> others.

--------- End quoted message ----------

Your statistic is not quite accurate, the poll results were that 57% of =

those polled stated that they did not trust Clinton but would vote for =

him anyway. Again this is a non-sqeuitor. I cannot see how trying to
understand why people would vote for a person they did not trust has
anything to do with blame. There are other candidates they could
vote for or they could write in a better choice. Whom do you claim I
am blaming here? Am what am I blaming them for? I have certainly
not said I blame them for the loss (if indeed that is what happens) but =

I am interested to learn what caused them to behave contrary to
common sense. Certainly my understanding this phemonenon can
only put me in a better postion to win next time.